The Venice Casino was founded in 1638. It is the oldest casino in the world.
The first casino, located in Venice itself, dates back to 1638. The casino in Lido dates back to the 1930s. In 1946, the municipality of Venice then acquired Ca' Vendramin Calergi, one of the most elegant palazzos along the Grand Canal, which had even been home to the doges, and opened Venice's central casino on the second floor.
In 1999 a new casino was inaugurated in Ca' Noghera - the first American style casino in Italy, with modern, informal gaming areas.
Casino activities are currently managed by Casinò Municipale di Venezia S.p.a.